Friday, June 25, 2010

Got my Visa at Hyderabad!!

Guys..My slot was at 8 15..But they allowed me at 7 45..
Gone through an initial security check. other processing stuff..Then the interview room..I was cool by that time..but once i saw the interviewers..Tension cripped up..
But I had done it very good.Here s how it goes..

Me- Good morning mam(handing over the docs)
Vo- No reaction, saw my face for a while with a serious look(as if she was reading my face)

Vo- Seeing the i20, Why this univ UIC??
Me- Talked abt course curriculm, Lab facilities n infrastructure, mentioned few research project areas and professors working on them(twas a long answer, she listened to everything, asked few things incase she didnt hear properly)

Vo- Gre score??
Me- 1240

Vo- Acads, ny backlogs?
Me- 8.8 cgpa, no backlogs

Vo- What other univs u ve applied?
Me- TOLD

Vo- How many admits/rejects?
Me- 4 admits, 2 rejects

Vo- How are u going to finance ur education?
Me- My father is sponsoring me..He has a savings acc which is his salary acc which has an amt of....I also have an education loan of 7.5 lakhs..

Vo- What is ur father?
Me- told

Vo- what s his income?
Me- told

Thats it..She was typing something in the computer..I thought I had got my visa by then..But there was some technical prob wid the comp..waited for abt 2mins..Then came the word i was longing for--
UR VISA IS APPROVED SIR, U ll get it within a week...

My tips-
1)Be confident in whatever u say..Dont hesitate and take too much time while answering..U may say something wrong..but say it confidently.

2)Presence of mind- U know..their accent is little soft..n hence their voice turns out be low..Ask politley if u havnt heard properly..Dont care abt others speaking..just focus on urs..

3)There may be all rejects infront of u..But dont panic..u may be the 1st one to get..

3 comments: